Virtual clinics | COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics | COVID-19 Testing
- Virtual Walk-In Clinic: A digital clinic that's free for Ontarians. Talk to doctors online from home. Open 7 days a week
- At the city immunization clinics, you can ask for accommodation - scroll down to tab that says “Accommodations at City Run Clinics”
- Vaccine Clinics:There are several new dates for vaccine clinics targeting children aged 6 months and up, their siblings, family members and the general public. Our next family-friendly, sensory-friendly and fully accessible vaccination clinics in partnership with Toronto Public Health (TPH) are taking place on: October 14, Nov.18, Dec. 16.
- parenthomework.ca: Medical experts from top hospitals including Sick Kids, Kids Health Alliance and Holland Bloorview answer top COVID-19 questions asked by parents about children’s vaccine
Fun Intensives at Miles Nadal JCC
- Fun intensives is a weekly series of social and art- based programming for young adults and developmental disabilities to enjoy independently. The program weekly calendars can be found here
Special Olympics Toronto
Sunflower Developmental Services
- A day program focused on providing support for individuals with intellectual disabilities and seniors.
- Learn more and register here
Pegasus Incredible Film Festival
- Join PIFF for two screenings on October 22 at 3:00pm and 6:00pm of short films made by and starring people in the disability community. For more information, you can visit the website.
Transitions | Youth resources
Holland Bloorview: Youth Engagement Strategy (Y.E.S.)
- Learn more here
- Youth Advisory Council provides a sounding board for staff, students, scientists, clients and families to evaluate Holland Bloorview programs and services. The council provides youth an opportunity to develop advocacy skills and be directly involved in creating possibilities for younger generations of Holland Bloorview clients.
- Youth Mentorship Program: Youth mentors are trained volunteers who speak to current clients about their own life experiences and answers questions about living with a disability.
- podcasts on a variety of themes and topics to support and connect with children, youth and families, living with disabilities.
Access Travel Club
Access Travel Club (ATC): :a community- based membership organization which provides clients social, recreational and travel opportunities. The club consists of a group of travel enthusiasts and consultants who are dedicated to helping members plan and experience your trip of a life time. Access Travel Club wants to take you to Chicago on October 30. The deadline to register is October 19. You can contact Access Travel Club at 905-506-4886 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org to register
Hand Over Hand Free Virtual Adaptive Yoga Program
- Accessible yoga for all! Classes are free, and a limited amount of free adaptive yoga equipment is also available for pick-up in Markham while supplies last.
- Classes are being held weekly on the following nights:
- Tuesdays 7pm-8pm
- Wednesdays 7pm-8pm
- Saturdays 10am-11am
- Register here
What's Up Clinic at Holland Bloorview (free!)
- Starting September 29, Holland Bloorview, in partnership with Yorktown Family Services, are hosting a What's Up, Mental Health support clinic for ambulatory clients up to age 29 and parents/caregivers. The What's up clinic is a pilot program to be held onsite from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. To learn more, visit our website here.
- For more information about What’s Up Walk In and to view more locations, visit their website.
Planning for Beyond Graduation Toolkit: Partners4Planning
The Passport Program
- The Passport Program has launched a new website in both English and French.
Holland Bloorview Family Mentor Program (free!)
- The family mentor program is now redesigned and live. The program includes 1:1 peer support and group sessions virtually and in person. If interested.you can learn more and you must fill out a form that can be found here.
Parent Voices@Holland Bloorview Facebook
Holland Bloorview ACT Program (free!)
- Who:For caregivers of children with disabilities and complex health conditions who are Holland Bloorview clients
- When: Thursdays from 10:00 am-12:00pm.
- October 20th & 27 and November 3rd, 10th & 17th with a follow up session on December 15th, 2022. *Note that you must attend all sessions.
- For more information, visit the website and to register email: ACT@Hollandbloorview.ca
ACT for community families
- About Acceptance Commitment Therapy for Caregivers
- ACT programs for caregivers in the community (please contact organizations about upcoming sessions):
HB Info Line helps children, youth and families learn about and get connected to the many programs and services at Holland Bloorview.
Holland Bloorview’s Grocery Foundation Family Resource Centre is a place where you can find information and resources on childhood disability that are helpful to you and your family. We have information on: respite, recreation, housing, funding, education, parenting and more. All Holland Bloorview workshops and events are listed on www.hollandbloorview.ca/familyevents . Questions? Please e-mail email@example.com