*NEW* Changes to the 2023/2024 Family Support Fund application form
Starting April 1, 2023, we will now be accepting new application through a digital form available online. No printing or mailing needed - simply watch this short instructional video: in English also in French to learn how it works. The new application process will allow for a more accurate capture of your information, reduce wait times and enable you to receive updates through email.
Reminder to applicants: Supporting clinical staff or vendors who provide the services you are seeking funding for are not responsible for the application and its outcomes.
The layout of the application is slightly different from the hard copy application from previous years, but has been modeled with all the same information points from before. You’ll also notice:
- Immediate confirmation upon submission
- Ability to save a PDF version of the application for your records
- Faster turnaround time for decisions - reduced to 4-6 weeks instead of 6-8 weeks in past years
We have provided additional information and frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding the Family Support Fund application process. Please view the following FAQs for more information.
A parent/guardian/legal caregiver or a member of your clinical care team who received the client/family’s consent can apply on behalf of a client. Note: clients must be under the age of 19 and have accessed clinical, OHIP-covered services at Holland Bloorview within the past two years.
Not sure which Holland Bloorview Service qualify? Click here for the list.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- A child under the age of 19 who is receiving clinical care and/or therapy through an OHIP-covered service from Holland Bloorview. Please note that if your child only uses fee–for-service programs such as aquatics, dental or Spiral Garden camp but not clinical services, they cannot access the Family Support Fund. Please contact the Family Resource Centre for information on other funding options available.
- Accessing care through Holland Bloorview after the age of 19 does not automatically qualify your child for this fund.
- Installation, labour, assessment, taxes, repairs, replacement parts (e.g. batteries, slings etc), accessories, additions to existing equipment or delivery costs are not funded.
- No other home or vehicle modifications are funded except for specific accessibility equipment listed in the approved items list. Funding and items are subject to change.
- Should funds run out before the submission deadline, your application might be declined.
- The application submission period for this fiscal year of 2023/2024 runs from April 1 to March 31 or until funds run out.
Similar to last fiscal year, the Family Support Fund currently offers financial support for the following categories of items/services:
- Medical equipment (buying to own and rental/lease fees)
Click here for a full list of funding categories.
The level of funding assistance may vary based on:
- The cost of the item - did the Family Support Fund already fund the same/or like item?
- Availability of funds
There is a maximum amount that can be requested for each category, although receiving the maximum funds is not always guaranteed. The Family Support Fund Team is likely to allocate a portion of the requested sum from your application for you to use towards the designated service or item.
At this time, families can expect to be contacted by a staff member about their application within 4-6 weeks of submitting. If you provided an email address as your contact information, you will be notified via email. We will also provide a “Next Steps” document to any decision involving an approval.
Feel free to contact the administrative team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the questions are very particular, please provide context and our admins will do their best to get back to you as soon as they can.
The REDcap platform is simple to use and has little to not technical flags. One message you might encounter is this:
Please refresh the webpage to load it again.
To assist with this transition, we’ve provided a step-by-step instructional video guiding you through the submission process.
Please read the following infographic document before submitting an application. This document covers what you can expect from the Family Support Fund process.
Please submit your application using the electronic form here (last updated April 2023):
If you have concerns about using the electronic submission form, please consider these options:
- Contact a social worker or case manager within your clinical care team.
- Connect to a Family Mentor through the "Family Mentor program" page. Family Mentors can provide tips and coaching about filling the application. They cannot do the application with / for families.
- If you have no access to clinical care team members, computer, internet or mobile device contact us at email@example.com to request a paper copy of the 2023-2024 form, or call at: 416-425-6220 ext. 6303