Registration for Spiral Garden 2022 opens February 24. Children with and without special needs 6 -18 yrs are welcome to submit a registration form. Confirmations of spots will begin going out in April or early May.
Please review the details about the 2022 program outlined below and scroll down for the registration form.
About Spiral Garden
Spiral Garden is an integrated outdoor art, play, music and garden program for all children. The program activities, site and staffing model are designed to be inclusive so all children can participate successfully. Support can be provided for a set number of children who need support around activities of daily living, medication routines, mobility and self-regulation.
2022 Dates and Fees
Register for Spiral Garden:
$630 Spiral Garden Session A
$570 Spiral Garden Session B
$630 Spiral Garden Session C
$630 Spiral Garden Session D
July 11 - 22
July 25 - August 5 (9 days)
August 8 - 19
August 22 - September 2
Spiral Garden 2022 is available for children with special needs aged 6-18 years old. Clients ages 19-21 are welcome to apply to be placed on a waitlist.
- Participants must be aged 6-18. A 5-year old may attend if they are turning 6 by the end of 2022.
- Before their spot is confirmed, new participants with special needs will need to attend a 30-minute Participant Screening to help us better understand their needs and if we can support them in the program. Please see the summer brochure for more information.
- New participants are welcome to register for one session in their first year.
- Each participant must be able to attend the program independently (i.e. without dedicated 1:1 support) OR those who need it, must have 1:1 support. Please see the 1:1 Support page for more information.
1:1 Support at Spiral Garden
The Spiral Garden program takes place in the scenic, approximately 1.5 acre garden site at Holland Bloorview. It is a large and busy space when the program is running. In order to ensure that we can provide each participant with a fun, safe, and engaging summer experience, we will determine that each participant has appropriate support in place before their spot is confirmed.
On your registration form, please make sure you tell us if you need assistance providing 1:1 support for your child. New participants will be contacted to set up a Participant Screening session to help us determine if the appropriate support is in place for your child, before their spot is confirmed.
- We offer a set number of spots with 1:1 facilitators to support participants (aged 6 - 18) at no additional cost to the family. These staff will support a participant for the entire session. A participant is eligible to receive this support for only one session.
Please contact us at 416-425-6220 ext. 3317 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation.