Registration for Spiral Garden 2023 will open January 30 and close April 1.
**PLEASE NOTE: There are still spots available for independent participants or families who can provide their own support**
Children with and without special needs 6 -18 yrs are welcome to submit a registration form.
Please review the details about the 2023 program outlined below and scroll down for the registration form.
About Spiral Garden
Spiral Garden is an integrated outdoor art, play, music and garden program for all children. The program activities, site and staffing model are designed to be inclusive so all children can participate successfully. Support can be provided for a set number of children who need support around activities of daily living, medication routines, mobility and self-regulation.
Spiral Garden 2023 Dates:
Monday- Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm
Session A: July 10-21, $660
Session B: July 24-August 4, $660
Session C: August 8-18 (9 days), $595
Session D: August 21-September 1, $660
Spiral Garden 2023 is available for children with special needs aged 6-18 years old.
- Participants must be 6-18 years old on or before December 31, 2023
- Before their spot is confirmed, new participants with special needs will need to attend a 30-minute Participant Screening to help us better understand their needs and if we can support them in the program.
- New participants are welcome to register for one session in their first year.
- Each participant must be able to attend the program independently (i.e. without a dedicated increased level support)
- Those who need it, may have access to an increased level of staff or volunteer support.
Staff or Volunteer Support at Spiral Garden
The Spiral Garden program takes place in the scenic, approximately 1.5 acre garden site at Holland Bloorview. It is a large and busy space when the program is running. In order to ensure that we can provide each participant with a fun, safe, and engaging summer experience, we will determine that each participant has appropriate support in place before their spot is confirmed.
On your registration form, please make sure you tell us the level of support your child needs. New participants will be contacted to set up a Participant Screening session to help us determine if the appropriate support is in place for your child, before their spot is confirmed.
- We offer a set number of spots for participants requiring an increased level of support.
- Support will be provided by Holland Bloorview staff and/or volunteer to support participants (aged 6 - 18) at no additional cost to the family. These staff will support a participant for the entire session. A participant is eligible to receive this support for only one session.
- Family-provided support may be accommodated, if possible.
- Registration will happen on a first come first served basis.
- We will also a hold a limited number of spots for registrations received after April 1 that will be allocated by lottery on May 15.
- Confirmations will be sent by May 1
Please contact us at 416-425-6220 ext. 3317 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation.