Smart Centres Creative Arts March Break Respite Camp
Come play, dance, since and make art together for a week of spring creativity with our experienced artists, musicians and care team.
March 11-15, 2019
Please contact Program Administrator for registration details at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-425-6220 x3317
Weekend respite day program
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital provides weekend respite on Sundays throughout the fall, winter and spring seasons. It is available for young people who have physical disabilities with or without developmental delays and require a high level of support, allowing their families to have a much-needed break.
Click here to learn about the registration process.
- Be 4 to 21 years old
- Have a physical disability, with or without developmental delays
- Be comfortable in a group environment
- Require no more than 1:1 support
Priority is given to children who require nursing care.
Our weekend respite day program includes creative arts, music and recreation activities, providing opportunities for the child to express themselves while playing and interacting with their peers in a safe, caring and creative environment.
- There is a one-to-one caregiver model to ensure the safety of clients and others.
- The caregiver works with a team of professionally trained artists and musicians to support clients in all activities offered during the course of the programming.
- There is support from a nurse, who administers medication, performs or supervises G tube feeds and attends to medical needs such as catheterization.
There is a $45 daily fee for the weekend respite day program. If you require financial support, please contact the Family Resource Centre at email@example.com or 416-425-6220 ext 6560
- September 22, 29
- October 6, 20, 27 (no program October 13)
- November 3, 10, 17, 24
- December 1, 8, 15