Getting Involved with the Hospital
Family Leaders use their lived experiences to inform, co-design, and improve care and educational experiences across the hospital, both in clinical and non-clinical services areas.
Be a family advisor
- Share your experience and ideas on hospital committees and working groups
- Be part of organizational decision making and shaping the care experience
- Review family-facing resources to ensure they are easy to read, user friendly, and engaging
Be a family mentor
- Provide in-person or virtual one-to-one peer support to other families
- Co-host a family support group
- Moderate an online family support network
Be a family as faculty
- Co-design and co-facilitate family workshops
- Co-teach educational and interprofessional activities for students
- Co-design and co-facilitate staff training
Be a member of the Family Advisory Committee (FAC)
The FAC advises and collaborates with hospital staff to plan, evaluate, and improve programs and services for clients and their families. The committee identifies opportunities to improve communication and collaboration at Holland Bloorview and across the healthcare system.
At the meetings, members use their lived experience to:
- Offer feedback in consultations and co-design sessions
- Inform hospital strategy and initiatives, by identifying the needs and priorities of clients and families
- Help build access to information, and to design educational resources which help clients and their families become better advocates and partners in their own care
The FAC meetings are on the last Thursday evening of every month (September – June). Most meetings are virtual and run from 7 to 8:30pm.
Free parking and free childcare is available in the Ronald MacDonald Playroom during onsite meetings.
For more information on the Family Advisory Committee or to request to attend one of our meetings as a guest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.