Accuracy of community pediatricians’ diagnosis of developmental concerns compared to a multi- disciplinary team assessment
We are studying how we identify and diagnose children with developmental concerns in Ontario. The study asks whether community general pediatricians reach the same diagnostic conclusion as sub-specialists in the field of child-development.
Who can participate
We are looking for pediatricians in the community around Ontario who receive at least one referral per month for developmental concerns.
- Pediatrician’s will provide us with their diagnostic results for patients who meet eligibility criteria to be part of our study.
- The eligibility criteria include families who agree to participate in the study, where the child is under the age of 5 years and 6 months and who are referred to them with certain concerns.
- We will seek consent from 10 of their patients who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Holland Bloorview will communicate the results to the parents, and provide the pediatrician with the assessment report.
- We will advise that the family obtains a clinical decision from you afterwards.
Interested in participating
If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please contact Lili Senman
416-425-6220 ext. 6517 firstname.lastname@example.org.
This study is funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital.