Holland Bloorview’s Extensive Needs Service is a program that provides vital wrap-around services for children and youth with urgent and extensive needs in Ontario who have co-occurring urgent medical, physical and developmental complexities and/or social vulnerabilities.
This integrated pathway helps streamline the process for families with children and youth living with multiple medical, physical and developmental complexities and social vulnerabilities to access help in support of optimal health outcomes. The service is designed to reduce barriers to accessing timely, evidence-based, and trauma-informed treatment for some of the most vulnerable children in Ontario.
Holland Bloorview, in partnership with Grandview Kids, Michael Garron Hospital and Surrey Place, is expanding these wrap-around supports to more families living in the GTA so they can access these services right in their own neighbourhoods in a more timely manner.
Michael Garron Hospital and Grandview Kids will deliver the program to their local communities. Surrey Place will provide dedicated service coordinators who will work closely with families to coordinate their care with various health teams at Holland Bloorview’s Extensive Needs Service program.
Toronto families interested in the Extensive Needs Service program and who are not currently receiving care at Holland Bloorview can connect with Surrey Place, as Toronto’s designated SmartStart Hub, online or by calling 1-833-575-KIDS (5437) to inquire about their eligibility to access these supports. The SmartStart Hub acts as a clear point of entry to children’s developmental services for families and caregivers.
Holland Bloorview, the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario and McMaster Children’s Hospital are the three sites in Ontario leading the new prototype program funded by Ontario’s Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
We are continuing to actively work to expand this service so that we can reach out to more eligible families to provide the necessary support and assistance.
Please check back regularly for updates and additional information on how to access our program.
- November 7, 2023 - East York’s Michael Garron Hospital enters into regional partnership to increase support for children with extensive and urgent care needs
- October 25, 2023 - Grandview Kids teaming up with Toronto hospitals to bring personalized supports to children in Durham Region and GTA
- October 23, 2023 - Kids with multiple needs get wrap-around supports through new Holland Bloorview hospital program
- October 20, 2023 - More services for GTA children and youth with extensive neurodevelopmental needs
- March 9, 2023 - Ontario Connecting Children and Youth with Specialized Care