Publications Presented At Boards - July to September 2022
- Lindsay, S., & Kolne, K. (2022). A scoping review of the role of gender within speech-language pathology practice. International journal of speech-language pathology, 1–14. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1080/17549507.2022.2037707
- Phoenix, M., Kingsnorth, S., Hamdani, Y., Ballantyne, M., Scratch, S. E., Pezzullo, S., . . . King, G. (2022). A systematic review to identify screening tools and practices that can be used by children’s rehabilitation service providers to screen parents’ mental health. Developmental Neurorehabilitation, 25(5), 328-336. doi:10.1080/17518423.2021.2011977
- Thille P, Abrams T, Gibson BE. Enacting objects and subjects in a children's rehabilitation clinic: Default and shifting ontological politics of muscular dystrophy care. Health. 2022 Jul: 26 (4): 495-511. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1363459320969783
- Towns, M.,Lindsay, S., Arbour-Nicitopoulos, K., Mansfield, A., & Wright, F. V. (2020). Balance confidence and physical activity participation of independently ambulatory youth with cerebral palsy: an exploration of youths' and parents' perspectives. Disability and rehabilitation, 1–12. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2020.1830191. https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/W6SGEUAHXGQSJ9TJ2H2J/full?
- King, G., Chiarello, L. A., McLarnon, M., Ziviani, J., Pinto, M., Wright, F. V., & Phoenix, M. (2022) A measure of parent engagement: plan appropriateness, partnering, and positive outcome expectancy in pediatric rehabilitation sessions. Disability and Rehabilitation, 44(14), 3459-3468. doi:10.1080/09638288.2020.1864036
- King, G., Hartman, L. R., McPherson, A., DeFinney, A., Kehl, B., Rudzik, A., & Morrison, A. (2022). Exploring the after-hours social experiences of youth with disabilities in residential immersive life skills programs: A photo elicitation study. Disability and Rehabilitation, 44(13), 3104-3112. doi:10.1080/09638288.2020.1855262
- McPherson, A. C., Perez, A., Buchholz, A., Forhan, M., & Ball, G. (2021). “It’s not a simple answer”. A qualitative study to explore how healthcare providers can best support families with a child with autism spectrum disorder and overweight or obesity. Disability & Rehabilitation, 44 (14), 3540-3546
- Baribeau, D. A., Vigod, S., Brittain, H., Vaillancourt, T., Szatmari, P., & Pullenayegum, E. (2022). Application of Transactional (Cross-lagged panel) Models in Mental Health Research: An Introduction and Review of Methodological Considerations. Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry = Journal de l'Academie canadienne de psychiatrie de l'enfant et de l'adolescent, 31(3), 124–134
- Wright, V. Introduction to the Quality FM - A zoom based course (16 hours over 4 sessions May 31 to July 6, 2022) offered to European participants from UK, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium and United Arab Emirates.
- 2022 Aug - Senior Author. Pain Trajectories and Sleep Disturbance in Children and Youth with Cerebral Palsy: A Cohort Study. Developmental Origins of Health and Disease (DOHaD) World Congress 2022. Co-Authors: Shearer HM, Côté P, Hogg-Johnson S, Fehlings DL. Vancouver, Canada. (Scientific Poster)
- Lindsay, S.,Kolne, K., & Rezai, M. (2022). Challenges with providing gender-sensitive care: exploring experiences within pediatric rehabilitation hospital. Disability and rehabilitation, 44(6), 892–900. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2020.1781939
- Setchell, J., Mosleh, D., McAdam, L., Thille, P., Abrams, T., McMillan, H. J., Mistry, B., & Gibson, B. E. (2022). Enhancing human aspects of care with young people with muscular dystrophy: An evaluation of a participatory qualitative study with clinicians. PloS one, 17(2), e0263956. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0263956
King, G., Baldwin, P., Servais, M., & Moodie, S. (2022). Solution-Focused Coaching to Support Clinicians' Professional Development: An Analysis of Relational Strategies and Co-constructed Outcomes. Developmental neurorehabilitation, 25(3), 205–216. https://doi.org/10.1080/17518423.2021.2011458
Bonder, R., Yonadam, A., Snider, A., Kassam-Lallani, D., & McPherson, A. C. (2022). Communicating about Mental Health with Youth and Their Families: A Scoping Review of Best Practices and Implications for Youth with Disabilities. Developmental neurorehabilitation, 25(3), 178–185. https://doi.org/10.1080/17518423.2021.1960921
Lindsay, S.;Fuentes, K. (2022) It Is Time to Address Ableism in Academia: A Systematic Review of the Experiences and Impact of Ableism among Faculty and Staff. Disabilities, 2, 178–203. https:// doi.org/10.3390/disabilities2020014
Sheldrake, E., Al-Hakeem, H., Lam, B., Goldstein, B.I., Wheeler, A.L., Burke, M., Dunkley, B.T., Reed, N. & Scratch, S.E. (2022). Mental Health Outcomes Across the Lifespan in Individuals With Persistent Post-Concussion Symptoms: A Scoping Review. Front. Neurol. 13:850590. doi: 10.3389/fneur.2022.850590
Mosleh, D. & Gibson, B.E. (2022). Abnormal-Becoming- Normal: Conceptualizations of Childhood Disability in Children’s Rehabilitation Textbooks. Scandinavian Journal of Disability Research, 24:1, 122–135. DOI: http://doi.org/10.16993/sjdr.877
MacIntosh, A., Vignais, N., Vigneron, V., Fay, L., Musielak, A., Desailly, E., & Biddiss, E. (2022). The design and evaluation of electromyography and inertial biofeedback in hand motor therapy gaming. Assistive technology: the official journal of RESNA, 34(2), 213–221. https://doi.org/10.1080/10400435.2020.1744770
Moon, J., Orlandi, S., & Chau, T. (2022). A comparison and classification of oscillatory characteristics in speech perception and covert speech. Brain research, 1781, 147778. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brainres.2022.147778
Charalampopoulou, M., Choi, E. J., Korczak, D. J., Cost, K. T., Crosbie, J., Birken, C. S., Charach, A., Monga, S., Kelley, E., Nicolson, R., Georgiades, S., Ayub, M., Schachar, R. J., Iaboni, A., & Anagnostou, E. (2022). Mental health profiles of autistic children and youth during the COVID-19 pandemic. Paediatrics & child health, 27(Suppl 1), S59–S65. [ST1] https://doi.org/10.1093/pch/pxab111
Freitas, C., Hunt, B., Wong, S. M., Ristic, L., Fragiadakis, S., Chow, S., Iaboni, A., Brian, J., Soorya, L., Chen, J. L., Schachar, R., Dunkley, B. T., Taylor, M. J., Lerch, J. P., & Anagnostou, E. (2022). Atypical Functional Connectivity During Unfamiliar Music Listening in Children With Autism. Frontiers in neuroscience, 16, 829415. https://doi.org/10.3389/fnins.2022.829415
Granlund, M., & King, G. (2022). Methods and tools to support participation-focused practice. Disability and rehabilitation, 44(9), 1699. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2021.1994029
King, G., McDougall, C., Kingsnorth, S., & Pinto, M. (2022). Program factors influencing parents' engagement in a friendship-making intervention for youth with disabilities. Disability and rehabilitation, 44(9), 1620–1630. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2020.1861115
Lapinsky, S. C., Wee, W. B., & Penner, M. (2022). Timing of Antenatal Corticosteroids for Optimal Neonatal Outcomes: A Markov Decision Analysis Model. Journal of obstetrics and gynaecology Canada : JOGC = Journal d'obstetrique et gynecologie du Canada : JOGC, 44(5), 482–489. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jogc.2021.10.016
- Lindsay, S., Kaufmann, M. (2022) Use of technology in mentoring for youth with disabilities. Mentoring Research Symposium, Washington DC, April 27-28. (Invited)
- Kushki, A. (2002). Lab to Life: Developing technology-based supports for children with neurodevelopmental differences. BME Seminar Series - Webex, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, NY, US. April 21, 2022 (Invited speaker)
- Fehlings D,Tsige S.“Early Identification and Intervention for Cerebral Palsy: Introducing the Hammersmith Infant Neurological Examination (HINE)”. Department of Pediatrics Rounds. Tikur Anbessa Specialized Hospital (TASH), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Virtual.
- Wright V. "QualityFM Workshop". US, Peru, Jordan. Virtual
- Anagnostou E. Keynote Speaker, Named lectureship: S Warren lecture at Gordon Research Conference: Fragile X and Autism-Related Disorders. Therapeutics Studies in ASD (Italy). Computational insights into heterogeneity of NDDs.
- Anagnostou, E. Keynote Speaker, INSAR 2022 Annual Meeting. Exploring heterogeneity in ASD: from bench to clinic to stakeholder priorities (Texas, United States)
- Anagnostou, E. Invited Speaker, INSAR 2022 Pre-Conference. Exploring the heterogeneity of ASD (Texas, United States)
- Safar, K., Vandewouw, M.M., Pang, E.W., Crosbie, J., Schachar, R., Iaboni, A., Georgiades, S., Nicolson, R., Kelley, E., Ayub, M., Lerch, J.P., Anagnostou, E., Taylor, M.J. Poster. Functional Connectivity to Emotional Faces in ASD and ADHD Children. INSAR 2022 Annual Meeting. Austin, Texas, United States.
- Vandewouw, M.M., Anagnostou, E., Taylor, M.J., Lerch, J.P., Iaboni, A., Crosbie, J., Schachar, R., Kelley, E., Ayub, M., Georgiades, S., Nicolson, R., Kushki, A. Oral Presentation. Challenging diagnostic boundaries in ASD, ADHD and OCD using fMRI resting-state networks. INSAR 2022 Annual Meeting. Austin, Texas, United States.
- Y. Sadat-Nejad; R. Cardy; E. Anagnostou; J. P. Lerch; M. J. Taylor; A. Iaboni; C. Hammill; J. A. Brian; E. Kelley; M. Ayub; J. Crosbie; R. Schachar; S. Georgiades; R. Nicolson; A. Kushki. Poster. Investigating Homogeneous Subgroups across ASD, ADHD, and Typical Development Using Measures of Cortical Thickness, Surface Area, Cortical/Subcortical Volume, and Structural Covariance. INSAR 2022 Annual Meeting. Austin, Texas, United States.
- M. Mahjoob; E. Anagnostou; B. Andrade; J. A. Brian; E. Kelley; M. Ayub; R. Cardy; A. Iaboni; J. Crosbie; R. Schachar; S. Georgiades; R. Nicolson; A. Kushki. Poster. Sociodemographic Correlates of Health-Related Quality of Life in Children with ASD. INSAR 2022 Annual Meeting. Austin, Texas, United States.
- B. Syed; R. Cardy; S. Monga; J. A. Brian; B. Andrade; E. Anagnostou; A. Kushki. Poster. Investigating the Role of Emotion Regulation and Physiological Arousal in Anxiety in Children Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. INSAR 2022 Annual Meeting. Austin, Texas, United States.
- R. Cardy; C. Smith; F. Liu; B. Syed; T. Paul; B. Andrade; J. A. Brian; S. Monga; E. Anagnostou; A. Kushki. Virtual Poster. Association between Emotion Regulation and Temperament in Children and Youth with ASDR. INSAR 2022 Annual Meeting. Austin, Texas, United States.
- Jane A, Kanigsberg L, Patel A, Eldon S, Brian JA, Anagnostou E, Penner M. Poster. Content Analysis of the Recommendations from Project ECHO Ontario Autism. INSAR 2022 Annual Meeting. Austin, Texas, United States.
- Penner M, Senman L, Andoni L, Dupuis A, Anagnostou E, Shouldice M, Kao S, Brian JA. Oral Presentation. Accuracy of Consultant General Pediatrician Autism Diagnosis Compared to a Multi-Disciplinary Team. Panel Presentation: How do we meet the challenges to the delivery of childhood autism diagnostic services internationally? INSAR 2022 Annual Meeting. Austin, Texas, United States.
Publications Presented At Boards - January to March 2022
- Andrysek, J.,Michelini, A., Eshraghi, A., Kheng, S., Heang, T., & Thor, P. (2021). Functional outcomes and user preferences of individuals with transfemoral amputations using two types of knee joints in under-resourced settings. Prosthetics and orthotics international, 45(6), 463–469. https://doi.org/10.1097/PXR.0000000000000043
- Kolne, K., Bui, S., & Lindsay, S. (2021). Assessing the environmental quality of an adapted, play-based LEGO® robotics program to achieve optimal outcomes for children with disabilities. Disability and rehabilitation, 43(25), 3613–3622. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2020.1743776
- Agnihotri, S., Penner, M., Mallory, K. D., Xie, L., Hickling, A., Joachimides, N., Widgett, E., & Scratch, S. E. (2021). Healthcare utilization and costs associated with persistent post-concussive symptoms. Brain injury, 35(11), 1382–1389. https://doi.org/10.1080/02699052.2021.1972151
- Fadyl, J., Reid, L., Cummins, C., Gibson, B.E. (2021). Is the assumption of the autonomous individual holding us back in vocational rehabilitation? Journal of Humanities in Rehabilitation (electronic journal), Critical research and perspective, 1-8. https://www.jhrehab.org/2021/11/05/is-the-assumption-of-the-autonomous-individual-holding-us-back-in-vocational-rehabilitation/
- Abrams, T., Thille, P. & Gibson, B.E. (2021). Disability, affect theory, and the politics of breathing: the case of muscular dystrophy. Subjectivity, 14:201–217. https://doi.org/10.1057/s41286-021-00125-0
- Jobst, C., D'Souza, S. J., Causton, N., Master, S., Switzer, L., Cheyne, D., & Fehlings, D. (2022). Somatosensory Plasticity in Hemiplegic Cerebral Palsy Following Constraint Induced Movement Therapy. Pediatric neurology, 126, 80–88. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pediatrneurol.2021.09.019
- Jacob, S., Veenstra-VanderWeele, J., Murphy, D., McCracken, J., Smith, J., Sanders, K., Meyenberg, C., Wiese, T., Deol-Bhullar, G., Wandel, C., Ashford, E., & Anagnostou, E. (2022). Efficacy and safety of balovaptan for socialisation and communication difficulties in autistic adults in North America and Europe: a phase 3, randomised, placebo-controlled trial. The lancet. Psychiatry, 9(3), 199–210. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2215-0366(21)00429-6
- Baribeau, D., Vorstman, J., & Anagnostou, E. (2022). Novel treatments in autism spectrum disorder. Current opinion in psychiatry, 35(2), 101–110. https://doi.org/10.1097/YCO.0000000000000775
- Baribeau, D., & Anagnostou, E. (2022). Novel treatments for autism spectrum disorder based on genomics and systems biology. Pharmacology & therapeutics, 230, 107939. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pharmthera.2021.107939
- King, G., & Keenan, S. (2022). Solution-Focused Coaching for Friendship in Pediatric Rehabilitation: A Case Study of Goal Attainment, Client Engagement, and Coach Stances. Physical & occupational therapy in pediatrics, 42(2), 154–171. https://doi.org/10.1080/01942638.2021.1947435
- Varahra, A., Ahmed, H., & Lindsay, S. (2022). Exploring Direct and Indirect Associations of Exercise and Sport Participation with Employment among Individuals with Disabilities: A Scoping Review. Journal of occupational rehabilitation, 32(1), 44–54. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10926-021-09962-x
- Lindsay, S., & Thiyagarajah, K. (2022). A Scoping Review of the Benefits and Challenges of Using Service Dogs for Finding and Maintaining Employment. Journal of occupational rehabilitation, 32(1), 27–43. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10926-021-09980-9
- Hadj-Moussa, F., Ngan, C. C., & Andrysek, J. (2022). Biomechanical factors affecting individuals with lower limb amputations running using running-specific prostheses: A systematic review. Gait & posture, 92, 83–95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2021.10.044
- Anagnostou, E. Autism – an evidence based approach. 12TH AOCN ANNUAL CONFERENCE- CHILD NEUROCON 2022. Feb 25-27, 2022. India, Virtual.
- Tomas V, Kingsnorth S, Kirsh B, Anagnostou E, Lindsay S. Using the COM-B Model and Theoretical Domains Framework to understand the workplace disclosure experiences, influencers, and needs of autistic youth and young adults. Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability & Diversity, Honolulu, Hawaii, Feb. 28 –(online during Covid).
- Lindsay S, Varahra A, Ahmed H, Abrahamson S, Pulver S, Primucci M, Wong K. (2022). Exploring the relationships between race and ethnicity on school and work outcomes among youth and young adults with disabilities. Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability & Diversity, Honolulu, Hawaii, Feb. 28. (online during Covid).
- Lindsay S, Ahmed H. (2022) School and employment-related barriers for youth and young adults with and without a disability during the COVID-19 pandemic. Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability & Diversity, Honolulu, Hawaii, Feb. 28 (online during Covid).
- Lindsay S, Ahmed H, Apostolopoulos D. (2022) Facilitators for coping with the COVID-19 pandemic among youth with disabilities. Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability & Diversity, Honolulu, Hawaii, Feb. 28 (online during Covid).
- Fehlings, D. (Invited Speaker) “Constraint Therapy for Children with Hemiplegic CP: What you need to know – From the Brain to the Clinic”. United Cerebral Palsy Professional Learning Series. Virtual Presentation; February 24, 2022.
- Fehlings. D. Presenter (Co-presenters Stott S, Drake R, Brochard S, Silberg T, Bryne R) Managing Pain to Promote Participation in Individuals with Cerebral Palsy. Combined 11th Australian Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine and the 3rd International Alliance of Academies of Childhood Disability Conference.(Symposium Session)– Virtual. Melbourne, Australia. March 4, 2022.
- Shearer HM. Presenter. (Co-Authors: Fehlings, D, Cote P, Hogg-Johnson S, McKeever P) Short-term Pain Trajectories and their Association with Physical and Psychological Well-Being in Children and Youth with Cerebral Palsy. Combined 11th Australian Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine and the 3rd International Alliance of Academies of Childhood Disability Conference. Free Paper Presentation – Virtual. Melbourne, Australia. March 5, 2022.
- Fehlings, D. (Presenter). “An AACPDM Care Pathway” for Dystonia in Cerebral Palsy. Mexican Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Neurodevelopmental Disorders. Mexico; March 9-12, 2022. Virtual Conference.
- King, G. “’In tune and on the same page’: The complexities and dynamics of engagement in rehabilitation therapy”, plenary keynote lecture presented at the AusACPDM-IAACD ‘Better Together’ Conference, Melbourne Australia March 2022.
- Pozniak, K, & King, G. (2022). Bringing an ethnographic sensibility to pediatric rehabilitation: contributions and potential. In C. M. Hayre, D. Muller, & P. Hackett, (Eds.), Rehabilitation in practice: Ethnographic perspectives (pp. 97-115). London, UK: Springer Nature. https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-981-16-8317-6
2021/12 - 2022/12 - Better or Worse? Real-time impact of COVID-19 re-opening among children with and without mental health and neurodevelopmental disorders over time.; Grant: Operating; Funding Sources: Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) - Emerging COVID-19 Research Gaps & Priorities; Principal applicant: D. Korczak. Co-applicant(s): Evdokia Anagnostou; A. Charach; C. Birken; E. Kelley; J. Crosbie; K. Cost; R. Nilcolson; S. Georgiades; S. Monga.
Publications Presented At Boards – October to December 2021
- Ho, E. S., Parsons, J. A., Davidge, K. M., Clarke, H. M., & Wright, F. V. (2021). Shared decision making in youth with brachial plexus birth injuries and their families: A qualitative study. Patient education and counseling, 104(10), 2586–2591. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2021.03.017
- McPherson, A. C., Amin, R., McAdam, L., Kalnins, D., & Lui, T. (2021). Growth assessment and weight management in paediatric neuromuscular clinics: a cross-sectional survey across Canada. Disability and rehabilitation, 43(21), 3015–3020. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2020.1725155
- King, G., Nalder, E., Stacey, L., & Hartman, L. R. (2021). Investigating the adaptation of caregivers of people with traumatic brain injury: a journey told in evolving research traditions. Disability and rehabilitation, 43(21), 3102–3116. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2020.1725158
- Kushki, A.,Cardy, R. E., Panahandeh, S., Malihi, M., Hammill, C., Brian, J.,Iaboni, A., Taylor, M. J., Schachar, R., Crosbie, J., Arnold, P., Kelley, E., Ayub, M., Nicolson, R., Georgiades, S., Lerch, J. P., & Anagnostou, E. (2021). Cross-Diagnosis Structural Correlates of Autistic-Like Social Communication Differences. Cerebral cortex (New York, N.Y. : 1991), 31(11), 5067–5076. https://doi.org/10.1093/cercor/bhab142
- Lindsay, S.;Ahmed, H. School and Employment-Related Barriers for Youth and Young Adults with and without a Disability during the COVID-19 Pandemic in the Greater Toronto Area. (2021). Adolescents, 1, 442–460. https://doi.org/ 10.3390/adolescents1040034
- Jóhannsdóttir A., Egilson S., Gibson B.E. What’s shame got to do with it: The importance of affect in critical disability studies. (2021). Disability and Society, 36(3): 342-357. https://doi.org/10.1080/09687599.2020.1751076
- Lung, S., Wincentak, J., Gan, C., Kingsnorth, S., Provvidenza, C., & McPherson, A. C. (2021). Are healthcare providers and young people talking about sexuality? A scoping review to characterize conversations and identify barriers. Child: care, health and development, 47(6), 744–757. https://doi.org/10.1111/cch.12892
- Belyk, M., Banks, R., Tendera, A., Chen, R., & Beal, D. S. (2021). Paradoxical facilitation alongside interhemispheric inhibition. Experimental brain research, 239(11), 3303–3313. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00221-021-06183-9
- Nguyen, J., Cardy, R. E.,Anagnostou, E., Brian, J., & Kushki, A. (2021). Examining the effect of a wearable, anxiety detection technology on improving the awareness of anxiety signs in autism spectrum disorder: a pilot randomized controlled trial. Molecular autism, 12(1), 72. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13229-021-00477-z
- Cheung, S. T., Thompson, K., Chen, J. L., Yunusova, Y., & Beal, D. S. (2021). Response patterns to vowel formant perturbations in children. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 150(4), 2647. https://doi.org/10.1121/10.0006567
- Gibson, B. E., Fadyl, J. K., Terry, G., Waterworth, K., Mosleh, D., & Kayes, N. M. (2021). A posthuman decentring of person-centred care. Health sociology review : the journal of the Health Section of the Australian Sociological Association, 30(3), 292–307. https://doi.org/10.1080/14461242.2021.1975555
- Escamilla-Nunez, R., Sivasambu, H.,Andrysek, J. (2022). Exploration of vibrotactile biofeedback strategies to induce stance time asymmetries. Canadian Prosthetics & Orthotics Journal, 5(1), No.2.https://doi.org/10.33137/cpoj.v5i1.36744
- Fehlings D, Makino A, Lam-Damji S, Majnemer A. Establishing a baby constraint induced movement therapy program at your centre: an implementation course CP. 2021 AACPDM Annual Conference, October 7, 2021. Virtual, US.
- Fehlings D (Co-presenter). Cerebral palsy – moving beyond the ‘label’ to the ingredients. 2021 AACPDM Annual Conference, October 9, 2021. Virtual, US.
- Wright, V. - 8-hour Zoom course for our ABI Challenge Assessment for a group of 30 physiotherapists in the Netherlands - October 26 and November 2, 2021
- Tomas, V.,Kingsnorth, S., Kirsh, B., Anagnostou, E., Lindsay, S. (2021) Using the COM-B Model and Theoretical Domains Framework to understand the workplace disclosure experiences, influencers, and needs of autistic youth and young adults. OCALICON Conference, Ohio, United States. November 16-19.
- Anagnostou, E. Autism and Neurodevelopmental disorders: splitting or lumping? From genes to brain to behavior to intervention. 1st Scientific Conference of the H.S.D.P. and the 10th Panhellenic Congress of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics with International Participation. Dec 18 & 19, 2021, Virtual.
- Anagnostou, E. Keynote Speaker at Grandview Kids Research Day: Biological overlap among neurodevelopmental conditions. Dec 10, 2021. Virtual.
- Vanessa Tomas, PhD student, Child-Bright training fellowship ($10,000). Supervisor: Sally Lindsay
Publications Presented At Boards – July to September 2021
- Gray, J., Donnelly, H., & Gibson, B. E. (2021). Seriously Foolish and Foolishly Serious: The Art and Practice of Clowning in Children's Rehabilitation. The Journal of medical humanities, 42(3), 453–469. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10912-019-09570-0
- Moola, F. J., Neville, A. R., Campbell, S., & Posa, S. (2021). Contemplating art and identity during a research study: Reflections on working with a youth with cancer. Pediatric blood & cancer, 68(8), e29059. https://doi.org/10.1002/pbc.29059
- Smile, S., & Williams, A. (2021). A time to act: Anti-racist paediatric research. Paediatrics & child health, 26(5), 276–278. https://doi.org/10.1093/pch/pxab018
- Bohn, E., Goren, K., Switzer, L., Falck-Ytter, Y., & Fehlings, D. (2021).
Pharmacological and neurosurgical interventions for individuals with cerebral palsy and dystonia: a systematic review update and meta-analysis. Developmental medicine and child neurology, 63(9), 1038–1050. https://doi.org/10.1111/dmcn.14874
- Polfuss, M., Marston, E., Pridham, K., Brown, R., & McPherson, A. C. (2021). Relationship between Stress and Feeding Behaviors in Parents of Children with Developmental Disabilities. Childhood obesity (Print), 17(7), 457–466. https://doi.org/10.1089/chi.2020.0356
- Lindsay, S., Ahmed, H., & Apostolopoulos, D. (2021). Facilitators for coping with the COVID-19 pandemic: Online qualitative interviews comparing youth with and without disabilities. Disability and health journal, 14(4), 101113. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dhjo.2021.101113
- Shearer, H. M., Côté, P., Hogg-Johnson, S., McKeever, P., & Fehlings, D. L. (2021). Identifying pain trajectories in children and youth with cerebral palsy: a pilot study. BMC pediatrics, 21(1), 428. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12887-021-02861-3
- Soorya, L. V., Fogg, L., Ocampo, E., Printen, M., Youngkin, S., Halpern, D., Kolevzon, A., Lee, S., Grodberg, D., & Anagnostou, E. (2021). Neurocognitive Outcomes from Memantine: A Pilot, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Journal of child and adolescent psychopharmacology, 31(7), 475–484. https://doi.org/10.1089/cap.2021.0010
- King, G., McPherson, A. C.,Kingsnorth, S., Gorter, J. W., Avery, L., Rudzik, A., & Ontario Independence Program Research (OIPR) Team (2021). Opportunities, experiences, and outcomes of residential immersive life skills programs for youth with disabilities. Disability and rehabilitation, 43(19), 2758–2768. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2020.1716864
- King, G., Chiarello, L. A., Ideishi, R., Ziviani, J., Phoenix, M., McLarnon, M., Pinto, M., Thompson, L., & Smart, E. (2021). The complexities and synergies of engagement: an ethnographic study of engagement in outpatient pediatric rehabilitation sessions. Disability and rehabilitation, 43(16), 2353–2365. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2019.1700562
- Lindsay, S., & Thiyagarajah, K. (2021). The impact of service dogs on children, youth and their families: A systematic review. Disability and health journal, 14(3), 101012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dhjo.2020.101012
- Lindsay S. (2021). Healthcare providers' perspectives with addressing sex-related issues and sexual identity within pediatric rehabilitation: A qualitative study. Disability and health journal, 101093. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dhjo.2021.101093
- Tomas V, Kingsnorth S, Kirsh B, Anagnostou E, Lindsay S. (2021) Using the COM-B Model and Theoretical Domains Framework to understand the workplace disclosure experiences, influencers, and needs of autistic youth and young adults. Autism@Work Virtual Summit. Queensland, Australia. August 24-25 2021.
- Tomas, V.,Lindsay, S. (2021) Unravelling the complexities of disclosure in the workplace for employees with non-visible illnesses or disabilities in the workplace: A qualitative meta-synthesis. American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine, Dallas, Texas. Sept. 26-29. (Hybrid due to COVID)
- Vijayakumar, A., Penner, M., Scratch, S., Lindsay, S. (2021) Coping mechanisms among youth and young adults with autism spectrum disorder in competitive employment. American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine, Dallas, Texas. Sept. 26-29. (Hybrid due to COVID)
- Lindsay, S., Ahmed, H., Apostolopoulos, D. (2021) Facilitators for coping with the COVID-19 pandemic: A qualitative study comparing youth with and without disabilities. American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine, Dallas, Texas. Sept. 26-29. (Hybrid due to COVID)
- Lindsay, S., Kolne, K., Barker, D., Colantonio, A., Stinson, J., Moll, S., Thomson, N. (2021) Exploration of gender-sensitive care in vocational rehabilitation providers working with youth with disabilities: Co-development of a simulation. American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine, Dallas, Texas. Sept. 26-29. (Hybrid due to COVID)
- Brian J., (2021) The Social ABCs parent-mediated intervention for toddlers: Adapting to virtual delivery”. Presentation for Autism intervention rounds at Child Developmental Assessment & Intervention Center, Taipei (Taiwan), (Hybrid due to COVID)
- 2021 - Kimel Family Graduate Student Scholarship in Pediatric Disability Research. 2021-2022 Holland Bloorview Foundation Graduate Student Scholarship Award, Bloorview Research Institute, Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Awarded to MSc student, Isabelle Caven. Research Supervisor: Melanie Penner. $20,000 CAD.
- 2021 Hilda and William Courtney CLAYTON Paediatric Research Fund, 2021-22 GLSE OSOTF & Other Endowed Awards, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Awarded to MSc student, Isabelle Caven. Research Supervisor: Melanie Penner. $3,500 CAD.
- Vanessa Tomas, PhD student in Rehabilitation Sciences--Hilda & William Courtney Clayton paediatric research fund ($3500)
Publications Presented At Boards – April to June 2021
- Cardenas, A., Warner, D., Switzer, L., Graham, T., Cimolino, G., & Fehlings, D. (2021). Inpatient Exergames for Children with Cerebral Palsy following Lower Extremity Orthopedic Surgery: A Feasibility Study. Developmental neurorehabilitation, 24(4), 230–236. https://doi.org/10.1080/17518423.2020.1858359
- Gharehgazlou, A., Freitas, C., Ameis, S. H., Taylor, M. J., Lerch, J. P., Radua, J., & Anagnostou, E. (2021). Cortical Gyrification Morphology in Individuals with ASD and ADHD across the Lifespan: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Cerebral cortex (New York, N.Y. : 1991), 31(5), 2653–2669. https://doi.org/10.1093/cercor/bhaa381
- Lindsay, S.,Osten, V., Rezai, M., & Bui, S. (2021). Disclosure and workplace accommodations for people with autism: a systematic review. Disability and rehabilitation, 43(5), 597–610. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2019.1635658
- Smile, S., & Williams, A. (2021). Eliminating racism in research. CMAJ : Canadian Medical Association journal = journal de l'Association medicale canadienne, 193(14), E489. https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.78230
- Samadani, A., Kim, S., Moon, J., Kang, K., & Chau, T. (2021). Neurophysiological Synchrony Between Children With Severe Physical Disabilities and Their Parents During Music Therapy. Frontiers in neuroscience, 15, 531915. https://doi-org.myaccess.library.utoronto.ca/10.3389/fnins.2021.531915
- Dermott JA, Wright FV, Salbach NM, Narayanan UG. Development of the gait outcomes assessment list for lower-limb differences (GOAL-LD) questionnaire: a child and parent reported outcome measure. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2021 May 5;19(1):139. doi: 10.1186/s12955-021-01775-z. PMID: 33952260; PMCID: PMC8097808.
- Jachyra, P., Renwick, R., Gladstone, B., Anagnostou, E., & Gibson, B.E. Physical activity participation among adolescents with autism spectrum disorder. Autism: The International Journal of Research and Practice, Special Issue: Physical Health. 2021 Apr. 25(3):613-626.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177%2F1362361320949344
- Gharehgazlou, A., Freitas, C., Ameis, S. H., Taylor, M. J., Lerch, J. P., Radua, J., & Anagnostou, E. (2021). Cortical Gyrification Morphology in Individuals with ASD and ADHD across the Lifespan: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Cerebral cortex (New York, N.Y. : 1991), 31(5), 2653–2669. https://doi-org.myaccess.library.utoronto.ca/10.1093/cercor/bhaa381
- Peña, M., Ng, Y., Ripat, J., & Anagnostou, E. (2021). Brief Report: Parent Perspectives on Sensory-Based Interventions for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Journal of autism and developmental disorders, 51(6), 2109–2114. https://doi-org.myaccess.library.utoronto.ca/10.1007/s10803-020-04644-8
- Fehlings D. (2021). The importance of dystonia in cerebral palsy. European journal of paediatric neurology : EJPN : official journal of the European Paediatric Neurology Society, 32, A3. https://doi-org.myaccess.library.utoronto.ca/10.1016/j.ejpn.2021.05.003
- Fehlings, D., Krishnan, P., Ragguett, R. M., deVeber, G., Gorter, J. W., Hunt, C., Kim, M., Mesterman, R., McCormick, A., & CP-NET Group (2021). Neurodevelopmental profiles of children with unilateral cerebral palsy associated with middle cerebral artery and periventricular venous infarctions. Developmental medicine and child neurology, 63(6), 729–735. https://doi.org/10.1111/dmcn.14818
- Edwards, B. M., Cameron, D., King, G., & McPherson, A. C. (2021). Contextual strategies to support social inclusion for children with and without disabilities in recreation. Disability and rehabilitation, 43(11), 1615–1625. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2019.1668972
- Lindsay, S., Cagliostro, E., Leck, J., & Stinson, J. (2021). Career aspirations and workplace expectations among youth with physical disabilities. Disability and rehabilitation, 43(12), 1657–1668. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2019.1671505
- Moola, F. J., Neville, A. R., Campbell, S., & Posa, S. (2021). Contemplating art and identity during a research study: Reflections on working with a youth with cancer. Pediatric blood & cancer, 68(8), e29059. https://doi.org/10.1002/pbc.29059
- C Lennox & J Brian. Addressing Student Needs - Autism Spectrum Disorder. In Ester Cole & Maria Kokai (Eds.). (2021). Mental health consultation and interventions in school settings: A scientist-practitioner's guide. Hogrefe Publishing GmbH. https://www.hogrefe.com/us/shop/consultation-and-mental-health-interventions-in-school-settings-93630.html
- June 3, 2021: McPherson, A.C and Yates, E. Why you need to talk about sexuality with children with disabilities. European Academy of Childhood Disability.
Biddiss E, Chan-Viquez D, Cheung ST, King G. (2021). Engaging children with cerebral palsy in interactive computer play-based motor therapies: theoretical perspectives. Disability and rehabilitation, 43(1), 133–147. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2019.1613681
Vandewouw, M. M., Dunkley, B. T., Lerch, J. P., Anagnostou, E., & Taylor, M. J. (2021). Characterizing Inscapes and resting-state in MEG: Effects in typical and atypical development. NeuroImage, 225, 117524. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2020.117524
Franz, K. S., Patel, K., & Kilkenny, D. M. (2020). A biomedical Engineering Laboratory module for exploring involuntary muscle reflexes using Electromyography. Journal of biological engineering, 14(1), 26. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13036-020-00248-z
Tendera, A., Wells, R., Belyk, M., Varyvoda, D., Boliek, C. A., & Beal, D. S. (2020). Motor sequence learning in children with recovered and persistent developmental stuttering: preliminary findings. Journal of fluency disorders, 66, 105800. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfludis.2020.105800
Paniccia M, Ippolito C, McFarland S, Murphy J, Reed N. (2020). Health-Related Quality of Life in Non-Concussed Children: A Normative Study to Inform Concussion Management. Developmental neurorehabilitation, 23(8), 534–541. https://doi.org/10.1080/17518423.2020.1736683
Sanjeevan, T., Hammill, C., Brian, J., Crosbie, J., Schachar, R., Kelley, E., Liu, X., Nicolson, R., Iaboni, A., Day Fragiadakis, S., Ristic, L., Lerch, J. P., & Anagnostou, E. (2020). Exploring the Neural Structures Underlying the Procedural Memory Network as Predictors of Language Ability in Children and Adolescents With Autism Spectrum Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Frontiers in human neuroscience, 14, 587019. https://doi.org/10.3389/fnhum.2020.587019
Sanjeevan, T., Cardy, R. E., & Anagnostou, E. (2020). Procedural Sequence Learning in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Meta-Analysis. Frontiers in psychology, 11, 560064. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2020.560064
Kang, M., Smith, E., Goldsmith, C. H., Switzer, L., Rosenbaum, P., Wright, F. V., & Fehlings, D. (2020). Documenting change with the Canadian Occupational Performance Measure for children with cerebral palsy. Developmental medicine and child neurology, 62(10), 1154–1160. https://doi.org/10.1111/dmcn.14569
Lindsay, S., & Kolne, K. (2020). The training needs for gender-sensitive care in a pediatric rehabilitation hospital: a qualitative study. BMC medical education, 20(1), 468. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12909-020-02384-y
Lindsay, S., Kosareva, P., Sukhai, M., Thomson, N., & Stinson, J. (2021). Online Self-Determination Toolkit for Youth With Disabilities: Protocol for a Mixed Methods Evaluation Study. JMIR research protocols, 10(1), e20463. https://doi.org/10.2196/20463
Douard, E., Zeribi, A., Schramm, C., Tamer, P., Loum, M. A., Nowak, S., Saci, Z., Lord, M. P., Rodríguez-Herreros, B., Jean-Louis, M., Moreau, C., Loth, E., Schumann, G., Pausova, Z., Elsabbagh, M., Almasy, L., Glahn, D. C., Bourgeron, T., Labbe, A., Paus, T., … Jacquemont, S. (2021). Effect Sizes of Deletions and Duplications on Autism Risk Across the Genome. The American journal of psychiatry, 178(1), 87–98. https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ajp.2020.19080834
Writing Committee for the Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and Schizophrenia ENIGMA Working Groups, Patel, Y., Parker, N., Shin, J., Howard, D., French, L., Thomopoulos, S. I., Pozzi, E., Abe, Y., Abé, C., Anticevic, A., Alda, M., Aleman, A., Alloza, C., Alonso-Lana, S., … Paus, T. (2021). Virtual Histology of Cortical Thickness and Shared Neurobiology in 6 Psychiatric Disorders. JAMA psychiatry, 78(1), 47–63. https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2020.2694
King, G., Kingsnorth, S., Morrison, A., Gorter, J. W., DeFinney, A., & Kehl, B. (2021). Parents' perceptions of the foundational and emergent benefits of residential immersive life skills programs for youth with disabilities. Research in developmental disabilities, 110, 103857. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ridd.2021.103857
Cermak, C. A., Scratch, S. E., Kakonge, L., & Beal, D. S. (2021). The Effect of Childhood Traumatic Brain Injury on Verbal Fluency Performance: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Neuropsychology review, 31(1), 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11065-020-09475-z
Vosberg, D. E., Syme, C., Parker, N., Richer, L., Pausova, Z., & Paus, T. (2020). Sex continuum in the brain and body during adolescence and psychological traits. Nature human behaviour, 5(2), 265–272. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41562-020-00968-8
Lamptey, D., Cagliostro, E., Srikanthan, D., Hong, S., Dief, S. & Lindsay, S.(2021). Assessing the Impact of an Adapted Robotics Programme on Interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) among Children with Disabilities, International Journal of Disability, Development and Education, 68:1, 62-77, DOI: 10.1080/1034912X.2019.1650902