In partnership with Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, we are hosting a fully accessible, sensory-and family-friendly vaccination clinic for children/adults aged 6 months and up with or without disabilities and/or complex care needs as well as their siblings and family members.
This clinic will offer both the flu vaccine and the new updated Moderna COVID-19 vaccine targeting the Omicron XBB.1.5 subvariant.
Accessibility, family and sensory-friendly features
- Children’s activities, quiet room, nurses with clear masks, language translation available
- Complimentary toys available for children to take home following their appointment
- Accommodation requests taken during registration process. Please select “quiet room” option for specialized support with trained staff.
- Free parking available - please park in main lot.
- Saturday, December 9, 2023 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Holland Bloorview – 150 Kilgour Rd, East York, ON M4G 1R8
Unfortunately, we can not accommodate walk-ins. Registration is required. Please sign up to register for a vaccination appointment.
Children, youth and adults aged 6 months and up, their siblings and family members.
COVID-19 and flu vaccinations
- The updated Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will be available at this clinic for those aged six months and up. This mRNA vaccine targets the Omicron XBB.1.5 subvariant.
- Regular flu vaccines for those aged two and up will be available.
- Compared with earlier versions, individuals vaccinated with new formulations are expected to benefit from a better immune response against currently circulating variants (NACI, Sept 12, 2023).
Am I eligible?
- Those aged six months and up are eligible to receive this vaccine.
- The National Advisory on Immunization (NACI) recommends receiving a dose of the updated vaccine if it has been at least six months from a previous COVID-19 vaccine dose or known infection (whichever is later).
- Those aged five and up should receive one dose, regardless of their COVID vaccination history. See below for more information on children aged six months to four years.
My child has already received their primary series. Can they get the vaccine?
Yes. Children between six months and four years receiving the new Moderna vaccine should receive one dose if they have already received one or more previous doses of any COVID vaccine.
My child has not received their primary series and is not vaccinated for COVID-19. Can they get the vaccine?
Yes. Children between six months and four years receiving the new Moderna vaccine should receive two doses if they are unvaccinated for COVID-19.
Can I get a COVID-19 and influenza vaccination at the same time?
According to the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI), people six months and older may receive any of the influenza vaccines at the same time as, or at any time before or after, administration of other vaccines, including COVID-19 vaccines. Please refer the NACI website for more information.
Please read the following City of Toronto linkto confirm vaccine eligibility.
Questions and support
We recommend consulting your health care professional with any additional questions.
Please feel free to use this visual guide to discuss the vaccination process with your child in advance of your appointment.