Holland Bloorview achieved the highest possiblerating from Accreditation Canada for providing outstanding safe and qualitycare to our clients and families.
After a comprehensive onsite review fromSeptember 29 to October 2, 2013, that measured our safety and quality practicesagainst national standards, AccreditationCanada awarded Holland Bloorview with an overall rating of 100 per cent withExemplary Standing.
“Holland Bloorview is proud to have earned thisremarkable rating from Accreditation Canada,” said Sheila Jarvis, HollandBloorview’s President and CEO. “We are committed to providing the best possiblecare for our young clients and their families and this rating recognizes theexceptional work we do every day.”
Accreditation is a national, voluntary peerreview process for health care organizations that happens every three to fouryears. Accreditation Canada also interviewed our clients and families,community partners and board trustees as part of their review.
Accreditation is a valuable initiative forhealth care organizations like Holland Bloorview. It offers us an opportunityto assess and improve our health care services based on standards of excellenceand demonstrate our leadership in childhood disability.
- Our dedication to fullyengaging our clients and families and our Family Leadership Program (ourcommunity partners told Accreditation Canada that client and family engagementis in our “DNA”)
- Our commitment to qualityimprovement and patient safety
- The commitment and pridedemonstrated by our employees
- Our 2012-2017 strategic planthat will further solidify Holland Bloorview as leader in childhooddisabilities
- A Board of Trustees that isknowledgeable, committed and enthusiastic
- Commitment to environmentalinitiatives
- A focus on teaching andlearning, professional development and evidence-based practices
- Ability to address ethicalissues
- Recognition as one of Canada’s TopEmployers for Young People and Greater Toronto’s Top 100 Employers
- Adoption of Electronic HealthRecords
- A well-defined processes forfinancial management
- Our state-of-the-art researchfacility, the Bloorview Research Institute
Earlier this year, Accreditation Canadaalso recognized four Holland Bloorview initiatives as leading practices in thehealth care field. These include:
- The client and family voice indecision making: Holland Bloorview’s Family Leadership Program
- Our value-based employeerecognition program that integrates clients and families: the Spotlight Award
- The use of simulation educationto assist with the rollout of the Electronic Health Record in our outpatientareas
- Our Participation and Inclusionteam’s effective medication management in a non-medical, community-basedprograms
Holland Bloorview will continue to developnew ways to further enhance the safe and quality care we provide to our clientsand families and demonstrate our leadership in the field of childhooddisability and rehabilitation.