What is ACT?
Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT) is a mindfulness and value-based intervention that helps you struggle less with difficult things in your life and helps you to connect with the things that are most important to you.
About the ACT Workshops at Holland Bloorview
Parent/Caregivers, it’s time for you! Facilitated via Zoom by a caregiver of a child who has complex medical needs and two Holland Bloorview staff (a Social Worker and a Psychotherapist)
ACT Workshop Series
- For caregivers of children with disabilities and complex health conditions who are Holland Bloorview clients
- Six sessions of Acceptance and Commitment Training in a group format delivered virtually (over zoom)
- The workshops are co-facilitated by Holland Bloorview clinicians and caregivers who are trained and mentored by professionals at CAMH
- Participants have the chance to participate in an optional research study if they choose to
- There is no cost to the caregiver for participating in the workshops.
For caregivers of children with disabilities and complex health conditions who are Holland Bloorview clients
Six sessions on Wednesday afternoons from 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 and June 7, 2023
*Note that you need to attend all 6 sessions to complete the workshop series
These sessions are virtual and held over zoom.
To Learn more
- Join our Information Session on March 29, 2023 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Register for Information Session here
- To see if you’re eligible to register: Please email ACT@Hollandbloorview.ca
- Bloom - Accepting emotions reduces depression, stress in parents
- ACT Workshop Video