PEARL Lab - Our publications
Hernandez H,* Khan A*, Fay L, Biddiss E. (2018). Force resistance training in hand and arm therapy: Feasibility of a low-cost video game controller. Games for Health. 7(4): 277-287, Last Author
- Alex Macintosh*, Emily Lam*, Vincent Vigneron, Nicolas Vignais, Elaine Biddiss. (2018). Biofeedback interventions for individuals with cerebral palsy: a systematic review. Disability and Rehabilitation. : 1-23. Last Author
- Biddiss E, Knibbe* TJ, Fehlings D, McKeever P, McPherson A. (2018). Positive distraction in paediatric healthcare waiting spaces: Sharing play not germs through inclusive, hands-free interactive media. Developmental Neurorehabilitation. : 1-8.First Listed Author
- Amy C McPherson, Laura McAdam, Sarah Keenan, Heidi Schwellnus, Elaine Biddiss, Andrea DeFinney, Kirsten English. (2018). A feasibility study using solution-focused coaching for health promotion in children and young people with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Developmental Neurorehabilitation. 21(2): 121-130. Co-Author
- TJ Knibbe, E Biddiss, B Gladstone, AC McPherson. (2017). Characterizing socially supportive environments relating to physical activity participation for young people with physical disabilities. Developmental Neurorehabilitation. 20(5): 294-300. Co-Author
- Biddiss E, *Knibbe TJ, Fehlings D, McKeever P, Cohen A, Mcpherson A. (2017). Interactive media as a tool for reducing waiting anxiety at paediatric rehabilitation hospitals: a randomized controlled trial. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology. First Listed Author
- Alexander MacIntosh, Nicolas Vignais, Elaine Biddiss. (2017). Biofeedback interventions for people with cerebral palsy: a systematic review protocol. Systematic Reviews. 6(1): 3. Last Author
- *Knibbe TJ, McPherson A (co-senior author), Gladstone B, Biddiss E. (co-senior author). (2017). “It’s all about incentive”:Social technology as a potential facilitator for self-determined physical activity participation for young people with physical disabilities.Developmental Neurorehabilitation. Sept 30: 1-10.
- S. Cheung*, E. Han*, A. Kushki, E. Anagnostou, E. Biddiss. (2016). Biomusic: An auditory interface for detecting physiological indicators of anxiety in children.Frontiers Neuroscience. 10: 401. Last Author
- *Knibbe TJ, Biddiss E (co-senior author), Gladstone B, Mcpherson A (co-senior author). (2016). Characterizing socially supportive environments relating to physical activity participation for young people with physical disabilities.Developmental Neurorehabilitation. : 1-7. Last Author
- Khan A and Biddiss E. Musical stairs: the impact of audio feedback during stair-climbing physical therapies for children. Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol. 2014 Feb 5. Senior Responsible Author.
- Blain-Moraes S, Chesser S, Kingsnorth S, McKeever P and Biddiss E. Biomusic: a novel technology for revealing the personhood of people with profound multiple disabilities. Augment Altern Commun. 2013 Jun;29(2):159-73. Epub 2013 Mar 14. Principal Author.
- Biddiss E, McPherson A, Shea G and McKeever P. The design and testing of interactive hospital spaces to meet the needs of waiting children. HERD. 2013;6(3):49-68. Principal Author.