The Program: 2 weeks in July, 6 hours/day with sessions that included circuit training, Liberi Exergame system, leisure education, and adapted sport skill development. Community outings (rock climbing, dragon boating, Variety Village) were integrated into the program.
Therapeutic Recreation Outcome Measures:
- Physical Activity Enjoyment Scale (PACES)
- Healthy Living Questionnaire (HLQ)
- Modified Children’s Assessment of Participation and Enjoyment (CAPE)
- Goal Attainment Scaling (GAS)
- Canadian Occupational Performance Measure (COPM)
A 6 month follow up allowed the team to evaluate the impact on participants beyond the program.