Amy McPherson, PhD
My program of research focuses upon health and wellness promotion in children with long-term conditions and disabilities. I have a particular interest in the use of strengths-based interventions to promote healthy lifestyles, and weight-related communication best practices.
Please contact Dr. Amy McPherson to discuss graduate students and post-doctorate fellows opportunities.
Please visit the ProFILE Lab's Work With Us for more information about available opportunities.
Education & Profession
- Ph.D. Health Psychology, University of Nottingham, UK
- BSc. (Hons) Cognitive Science, University of Westminster, UK
- Chartered Health Psychologist, British Psychological Society (Division of Health Psychology)
University Positions / Affiliations:
- Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
- Associate Member, Graduate Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Toronto
- Children and Teens in Charge of their Health: A feasibility study of solution-focused coaching to foster healthy lifestyles in children and young people with physical disabilities
Promoting Healthy Weights to Support Respiratory Function in Children with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Promoting Healthy Weights to Support Respiratory Function in Children with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Optimizing life success through residential immersive life skills programs for youth with disabilities
- Outcome Evaluation of a Pediatric to Adult Health Care Transition Model for Youth with Spina Bifida: Phase 2
Click to see Dr. McPherson's Publications at the ProFILE Lab.
Bloorview Research Institute
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
150 Kilgour Road Toronto, Ontario M4G 1R8
Tel: 416-425-6220, extension 6378