How do I reach accommodations staff?
During business hours, accommodations staff can be reached by phone or email. Families can also visit the family resource centre on the first floor to speak with someone in person.
Outside of business hours, families may contact main reception to book an emergency room (if available), or for security/housekeeping questions.
Can I stay?
Priority access will go to families who are actively receiving inpatient or outpatient services at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital and live at least 70 km from Holland Bloorview. We take same-day, one-night bookings for Holland Bloorview families who live less than 70 km away.
Depending on availability, rooms may be accessible to community guests who are not receiving services at Holland Bloorview. (Community guests may be asked to cancel a reservation to accommodate Holland Bloorview families.)
All children under 18 must always be supervised in the accommodations area by their parents or guardians. Inpatients may not stay in accommodations rooms.
Guests in accommodations may have a maximum of two visitors, who must leave by 11 p.m. each night.
How do I make a booking?
- Please contact the accommodations staff and provide:
- Guest names and relation to client
- Client name
- Check-in and check-out dates
- Type of clinic or service being accessed
- Home address
- Guest cellphone number
- Guest email address
- If guests need parking or particular equipment/room setup (e.g. shower or tub)
- Preferred means of payment
- We will also require a credit card number or cash deposit to secure the booking. (For further information, please see the room rates and payment site.) For security reasons, we ask that credit card numbers or expiry dates not be emailed.
How do I know if my booking has been confirmed?
We will confirm bookings either verbally (for phone inquiries) or in writing (for email inquiries). We generally do not use reminder calls/emails.
What if no rooms are available?
Sometimes we are fully booked. Families may check with accommodations staff closer to the date to see if a cancellation has made a room available; presently we do not keep a waiting list of families looking for rooms. Alternatively, we are happy to provide a list and map of nearby hotels.
What am I allowed (and not allowed) to do in the accommodations room?
Please see the code of conduct or ask accommodations staff for further detail.
What needs to be included in a pre-approval letter for third-party payees?
Pre-approval letters need:
- Client name (and/or names of family members staying as guests)
- An agreement to pay for the family’s stay
- Any specific billing directions (e.g. frequency and contact information)
- Name, signature, and contact information of authorizing person
Pre-approval letters can be sent by email (preferred) or fax, as well as submitted as a hard copy in-person to accommodations staff.
What if nobody is available to answer my question?
The accommodations service does not have full-time staffing coverage. Please leave us a voicemail or email message, and we will respond within two business days unless otherwise stated.