PRISM Lab - Peer reviewed papers
Peer reviewed papers
- Yousefi, R., Rezazadeh, Sereshkeh, A., Chau, T. Development of a robust asynchronous brain-switch using ErrP-based error correction. Journal of Neural Engineering.
- Emami, Z., Chau, T. The effects of visual distractors on cognitive load in a motor imagery brain-computer interface. Behavioural Brain Research.
- Yousefi, R., Sereshkeh Rezazadeh, A., Chau, T. Online detection of error-related potentials in multi-class cognitive task-based BCIs. Brain Computer Interfaces, 6(1-2):1-12.
- Fleury, A., Wu, G., Chau, T. A wearable fabric-based speech-generating device: system design and case demonstration. Disability & Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology, 14(5):434-444.
- Yousefi, R., Sereshkeh Rezazadeh, A., Chau, T. Exploiting error-related potentials in cognitive task based BCI. Biomedical Physics and Engineering Express, 5(1):015023.
- Rezazadeh Sereshkeh, A., Yousefi, R., Wong, A., Chau. T. Online classification of imagined speech using functional near-infrared spectroscopy signals. Journal of Neural Engineering, 16(1):016005.
- Mohammadi, H., Samadani, A., Steele, C., Chau, T. Automatic discrimination between cough and non-cough accelerometry signal artefacts. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 52:394-402.
- Raghuram, K., Orlandi, S., Shah, V., Chau, T., Luther, M., Banihani, R., Church, P. Automated movement analysis to predict motor impairment in preterm infants: a retrospective study. Journal of Perinatology. 39:1362-1369.
- Proulx, N., Samadani, A., Chau, T. (2018). Online classification of the near-infrared spectroscopy fast optical signal for brain-computer interfaces. Biomedical Physics and Engineering Express, 4:065010 (13pp).
- Glowinsky, S., Samadani, A., Chau, T.(2018). Limited value of temporo-parietal hemodynamic signals in an optical-electrical auditory brain-computer interface. Biomedical Physics & Engineering Express, 4(4):045035 (13 pp).
- Schudlo, L., Chau, T. (2018). Developmentand online testing of a near-infrared spectroscopy brain-computerinterface tailored to an individual with severe congenital motorimpairments. Disability & Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology. 13(6):581-591.
- Proulx, N., Samadani, A., Chau, T. (2018). Quantifying fast optical signal and event-related potential relationships during a visual oddball task. NeuroImage, 178:119-128.
- Emami, Z., & Chau, T. (2018). Investigating the effects of visual distractors on the performance of a motor imagery brain-computer interface. Clinical Neurophysiology, 129(6):1268-1275.
- Plewa, K., Samadani, A., Orlandi, S.., & Chau, T. (2018). A novel approach to automatically quantify the level of coincident activity between EMG and MMG signals. Journal of Electromyography & Kinesiology, 41:34-40..
- Schudlo, L., & Chau, T. (2018). Development of a ternary NIRS-BCI: Online classification of VFT, Stroop task and rest. InternationalJournal of Neural Systems, 28(4):1750052
- Anderson, J., Williams, L., Karmali, A.,Beesley, L., Tanel, N., Doyle-Thomas, K., Sheps, G. & Chau, T.(2018). Client and family engagement in rehabilitation research: a framework forhealth care organizations. Disability & Rehabilitation, 40(7):859-863..
- Sereshkeh Rezazadeh, A., Trott, R., Bricout, A., Chau, T. EEG classification of covert speech using regularized neural networks. IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 25(12):2292-2300.
- Fleury, A., Cohen-MacFarlane, M., Ling, J. Chau, T. Predicting linear elongation with conductive thread-based sensors. IEEE Sensors, 2017; 17(20):6537-6548.
- Sereshkeh Rezazadeh, A., Trott, R., Bricout, A., Chau, T. Online classification of covert speech for brain-computer interfacing. International Journal of Neural Systems. 2017; 27(8):1750033 [16pp.].
- Saghir, H., Chau, T., Kushki, A. Atypical autonomic nervous system complexity accompanies social cognition task performance in ASD. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders. 2017; 39:54-62.
- King, G., Parker, K., Peacocke, S., Curran, C.J., McPherson, A.C., Chau, T., Widgett, E., Fehlings, D., Milo-Manson, G. Centres for Leadership: A strategy for academic integration. Journal of Health Organization and Management.2017; 31(3)-302-316.
- Plewa, K., Samadani, A., Chau, T. Comparing electro- and mechano-myographic muscle activation patterns in self-paced pediatric gait. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology. 2017; 36:73-80.
- About Zeid, E., Chau, T. A Ternary Brain-computerInterface based on Single-trial Readiness Potentials of Self-initiatedFine Movements: A Diversified Classification Scheme. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.2017; 11:254 (13 pp.)
- Myrden, A, Chau, T. A passive EEG-BCI for single-trial detection of changes in mental state. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems andRehabilitation Engineering. 2017; 25(4):345-356.
- Weyand, S, Chau, T. Challengesof implementing a personalized mental task near-infrared spectroscopybrain-computer interface for a non-verbal young adult with motorimpairments. Developmental Neurorehabilitation, 2017;20(2):99-107.
- Myrden, A, Chau, T. Towards psychologically adaptive brain-computer interfaces, Journal of Neural Engineering.2016 Dec;13(6):066022
- Abou Zeid, E, Rezazadeh Sereshkeh,A, Chau, T. A pipeline of spatio-temporal filtering for predicting the laterality of self-initiated fine movements from single-trial readiness potentials. Journal of Neural Engineering. 2016 Dec;13(6):066012
- Alves,N., Jobst, C., Hotze, F., Ferrari, P., Lalancette, M., Chau, T., Van Lieshout, P., Cheyne, D. An MEG-compatible electromagnetic tracking system for monitoring orofacial kinematics. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 2016; 63(8):1709-17.
- Mohammadi, H., Steele, C., Chau, T., Post-segmentation swallowing accelerometry signal trimming and false positive reduction. IEEE SignalProcessing Letters, 2016; 23(9):1221-1225.
- Saghir, H., Chau, T., Kushki, A., Clustering of time-evolving scaling dynamics in a complex signal. Physical Review E, 2016; 94:012220(5 pp.).
- Zeyl,T., Yin, E., Keightley, M., Chau, T. Improving bit rate in an auditory BCI: Exploiting error-related potentials. Brain-Computer Interfaces,2016; DOI: 10.1080/2326263X.2016.1169723.
- Goyal, A., Samadani, A., Guerguerian, A., Chau, T. An Online Three-Class Transcranial Doppler Ultrasound Brain Computer Interface. Neuroscience Research, 2016; 107:47-56.
- Chiu, T., Anagnostou, E., Brian, J., Chau, T., Kushki, A. Specificity of autonomic arousal to anxiety in children with autism spectrum disorder. Autism Research. 2016; Apr;9(4):491-501
- Zeyl T, Yin E, Keightley M, Chau T. Partially supervised P300 speller adaptation for eventual stimulus timing optimization: target confidence is superior to error-related potential score as an uncertain label. Journal of Neural Engineering. 2016 Feb 9;13(2):026008 (12pp).
- Leung, B., Chau, T. Single-trialanalysis of inter-beat interval perturbations accompanyingsingle-switch scanning: case series of three children with severespastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering. 2016; 24(2):261-271.
- Myrden, A., Chau, T. Feature clustering for robust frequency-domain classification of EEG activity. Neuroscience Methods. 2016; 262: 77-84.
- Zeyl, T., Yin, E., Keightley, M., Chau, T. Adding real-time Bayesian ranks to error-related potential scores improves error detection and auto-correction in a P300 speller. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering. 2016; 24(1):46-56.
- Mumford, L., Chau, T. Application of an access technology delivery protocol to two children with cerebral palsy. Disability & Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology. 2016; 11(2):166-175.
- Yin, E., Zeyl, T., Saab, R., Hu, D., Zhou, Z., Chau, T. An auditory-tactile visual saccade-independent P300 brain-computer interface. International Journal of Neural Systems. 2016; 26(1):1650001 [16 pp].
- Faulkner, H., Myrden, A., Mamun, K., Li, M., Chau, T. Sequential hypothesis testing for automatic detection of task-related changes in cerebral perfusion in a brain-computer interface. Neuroscience Research. 2015; 100:29-38,
- Schudlo, L., Chau, T. Towards a ternary NIRS-BCI: Single-trial classification of verbal fluency task, stroop task and unconstrained rest. Journal of Neural Engineering. 2015; 12:066008 (14 pp).
- Weyand, S., Chau, T. Correlates of near-infrared spectroscopybrain-computer interface accuracy in a multi-class personalizationframework. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. 2015; 9:536 (11 pp.)
- Weyand, S., Takehara-Nishiuchi, Chau, T. Exploring methodological frameworks for amental task-based near-infrared spectroscopy brain-computerinterface. Journal of Neuroscience Methods. 2015; 254:36-45.
- Lu, J., Mamun, K.A., Chau, T. Pattern classification to optimize the performance of a transcranial Doppler ultrasonography-based brain machine interface. Pattern Recognition Letters. 2015; 66:135-143.
- Yin, E., Zeyl, T., Saab, R., Chau, T., Hu, D., Zhou, Z. A Hybrid Brain-Computer Interface Based on the Fusion of P300 and SSVEP Scores. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering. 2015; 23(4):693-701.
- Weyand, S., Takehara-Nishiuch, K., Chau, T. Weaning off Mental Tasks to Achieve Voluntary Self-Regulatory Control of a Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Brain-Computer Interface. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering. 2015; 23(4):548-561.
- Mamun, K., Steele, C.M., Chau, T. Swallowing accelerometry signal feature variations with sensor displacement. Medical Engineering & Physics, 2015; 37:665-673.
- Schudlo, L., and Chau, T. Single-trial classification of near-infrared spectroscopy signals arising from multiple cortical regions. Behavioral Brain Research.2015; 8(290):131-142.
- Myrden, A., and Chau, T. Effects of user mental state on EEG-BCI performance. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. 2015; 9:308. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2015.00308.
- Weyand, S., Schudlo, L., Takehara-Nishiuchi, K., Chau, T. Usability and performance-informed selection of personalized mental tasks for an online near-infrared spectroscopy brain-computer interface. Neurophotonics.2015; 2(2):025001 (15 pages).
- Abou Zeid, E. and Chau, T.. Electrode Fusion for the Prediction of Self-initiated Fine Movements from Single Trial Readiness Potentials. International Journal of Neural System. 2015; 25(4):1550014 (14 pages).
- Moghimi, S., Schudlo, L., Chau, T., and Guerguerian, A.M. Variability in prefrontal hemodynamic response during exposure to repeated self-selected music excerpts: a near-infrared spectroscopy study. 2015, PLOS ONE, 10(4):e0122148 (17 pages).
- Fleury, A., Sugar, M., Chau, T. E-textiles for clinical rehabilitation: a scoping review. Electronics. 2015 Feb; 4: 173-203.
- Ellis, D. Sejdic, E. Zabjek, K. Chau, T. A pediatric correlational study of stride interval dynamics, energy expenditure and activity level. Pediatric Exercise Science. 2014 Dec 31; 26(3): 242-249.
- Desai, T. Chow, K. Mumford, L. Hotze, F. Chau, T. Implementing an iPad-based alternative communication device for a student with cerebral palsy and autism in the classroom via an access technology delivery protocol. Computers & Education. 2014 Dec 31; 79:148-158. Impact Factor 2.775.
- De Armas, W. Mamun, K. Chau, T. Vocal frequency estimation and voicing state prediction with surface EMG pattern recognition. Speech Communication. 2014 Sep;63-64:15-26 (Trainee publication, Winston De Armas, MHSc; Khondaker Manun, Post-doctoral fellow).
- Mumford, L. Wright, V. & Chau, T. An access technology delivery protocol for children with severe and multiple disabilities: a case demonstration. Developmental Neurorehabilitation. 2014 Aug 1;17(4):232-242 (Trainee publication, L. Mumford, MHSc).
- Memarian, N. Blain-Morares, S. Chau, T. Toward a physiological signal-based access solution for a non-verbal adolescent with severe and multiple disabilities. Developmental Neurorehabilitation. 2014 Aug 1;17(4):270-277 (Trainee publication, Negar Memarian, PhD, Stefanie Blain-Moraes, PhD).
- Myrden, A. Schudlo, L. Weyand, S. Zeyl, T. Chau, T. Trends in communicative access solutions for children with cerebral palsy. Journal of Child Neurology. 2014 May 11;29(8):1108-1118 (Trainee publication, Andrew Myrden, Larissa Schudlo, Sabine Weyand, Tim Zeyl, PhD candidates).
- Lu, J. Mamun, K.A. & Chau, T. Online transcranial Doppler ultrasonographic control of an onscreen keyboard. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. 2014 Apr 22;8(199):11 pp. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2014.00199. Available from: http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fnhum.2014.00199/abstract. Impact Factor 2.91 (Trainee publication, Jie Lu, MASc, Khondaker Mamun, PhD).
- Ghali, B. Momen, K. & Chau, T. Long-term consistency of handwriting grip kinetics in adults. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 2014 Mar 24;136(4):041005 (Trainee publication, Bassma Ghali, PhD; Khondaker Momen, PhD).
- Leung, BRP. & Chau, T. Autonomic responses to correct outcomes and interaction errors during single-switch scanning among children with severe spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy. Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation. 2014 Mar 8;11(34):13pp. Available from: http://www.jneuroengrehab.com/content/11/1/34 (Trainee publication, Brian Leung, PhD Candidate).
- Zeyl, T.J. and Chau, T. A case study of linear classifiers adapted using imperfect labels derived from human event-related potentials. Pattern Recognition Letters. 2014 Feb 1;37:54-62 (Trainee publication, Tim Zeyl, PhD candidate).
- Schudlo, L.C. and Chau, T. Dynamic topographical pattern classification of multichannel prefrontal NIRS signals: II. Online differentiation of mental arithmetic and rest. Journal of Neural Engineering. 2014 Feb;11(1):016003. (14pp). (Trainee publication, Larissa Schudlo, MASc).
- Ghali, B. Mamun, K. Chau, T. Grip kinetic profile variability in adult signature writing. Journal of Biometrics & Biostatistics. 2013 Sep 16;4:174. (7 pages). (Trainee publication, Bassma Ghali, PhD).
- Fleury, A. Kushki, A. Tanel, N. Anagnostou, E. Chau, T. Statistical persistence and timing characteristics of repetitive circle drawing in children with ASD. Developmental Neurorehabilitation. 2013 Aug 1;16(4):237-244 (Trainee publication, Amanda Fleury, MASc).
- Schudlo, LC, Power S, and Chau T. Dynamic topographical pattern classification of multichannel prefrontal NIRS signals. Journal of Neural Engineering. 2013 Jul 18;10(4):046018. (14 pp) (Trainee publication, Larissa Schudlo, MASc).
- Sedjic, E, Findaly, B, Merey, C, Chau, T. The effects of listening to music or viewing television on human gait. Computers in Biology and Medicine. 2013 Jul 16;43:1497-1501 (Trainee publication, Dr. Sejdic, Post-doctoral fellow; B. Findlay, summer student; C. Merey, MHSc).
- Sejdic, E. Steele, C.M. Chau, T. Classification of penetration-aspiration versus healthy swallows using dual-axis swallowing accelerometry signals in dysphagic subjects. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. 2013 Jul 1;60(7):1767-1775.
- Ghali, B. Thalanki Anantha, N. Chan, J. Chau, T. Variability of Grip Kinetics During Adult Signature Writing. PLoS ONE. 2013 May 22;8(5):e63216. (10pp) (Trainee publication, Bassma Ghali, PhD).
- Moghimi S, Kushki, A. Guerguerian, A.M. Chau T. A review of EEG-based brain-computer interfaces as access pathways for individuals with severe disabilities. Assistive Technology. 2013 May 8;25(2):99-110 (Trainee publication, Saba Moghimi, PhD).
- Faress, A. Chau, T. Towards a multimodal brain-computer interface: Combining fNIRS and fTCD measurements to enable higher classification accuracy. NeuroImage. 2013 Apr 23;77:186-194. Impact Factor 6.252 (Trainee publication, Ahmed Faress, MASc).
- Kushki, A. Drumm E. Mobarak M. P. Tanel N. Dupuis A. Chau, T., Anagnostou E. Investigating the Autonomic Nervous System Response to Anxiety in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. PLoS ONE. 2013 Apr 5;8(4):e59730. (8pp).
- Schwellnus, H. Carnahan, H. Kushki, A. Polatajko, H. Missiuna, C. Chau, T. The writing forces associated with four pencil grasp patterns in Grade 4 children. American Journal of Occupational Therapy. 2013 Mar;67(2):218-227 (Trainee publication, Heidi Schwellnus, PhD).
- Aleem I and Chau T. Towards a hemodynamic BCI using transcranial Doppler (TCD) without user-specific training data. Journal of Neural Engineering. 2013 Feb;10(1):016005. (8pp). (Trainee publication, Idris Aleem, MHSc student).
- Leung, BRP, Brian, JA, Chau, T. Learning and mastery behaviors as risk factors to abandonment in a pediatric user of advanced single-switch access technology. Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology. 2013 Jan 21;8(5):426-433 (Trainee publication, Brian Leung, PhD candidate).
- Chau, T., Moghimi, S. Popovic, M. Knowledge translation in rehabilitation engineering research and development: A knowledge ecosystem framework. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2013;94(1 Suppl):S9-S19.
- Steele, C.M. Sejdic, E. Chau, T. Noninvasive detection of thin-liquid aspiration using dual-axis swallowing accelerometry. Dysphagia. 2013;28(1):105-112.
- Power, S.D. and Chau, T. Automatic single-trial classification of prefrontal hemodynamic activity in an individual with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Developmental Neurorehabilitation. 2013;16(1):67-72. (Trainee publication, S. Power, PhD).
- Kushki, A., Andrews, A.J., Power, S., King, G., Chau, T., “Classification of activity engagement in individuals with severe physical disabilities using signals of the peripheral nervous system“, PLoS One, 7(2):e27268 (8 pages).
Falk, T., Andrews, A, Hotze, F., Wan, E., Chau, T., “Evaluation of an ambient noise insensitive hum-based powered wheelchair controller“, Disability & Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology, 7(3):242-248.
- Chan, J., Power, S., Chau, T., “Investigating the need for modelling temporal dependencies in a brain-computer interface with real-time feedback based on near infrared spectra“, Journal of Near Infrared Spectroscopy, 20(1):107-116.
- Merey, C., Sejdic, E., Kushki, A., Berall, G., and Chau, T., “Quantitative classification of pediatric swallowing through accelerometry“, Journal of Neuroengineering and Rehabilitation, 9(1):34.
- Sejdic, E., Steele, C.M., T. Chau., “A method for removal of low frequency components associated with head movements from dual-axis swallowing accelerometry“, PLoS ONE, 7(3):e33464 (8 pages).
- Power, S.D., Kushki, A., Chau, T., “Automatic single-trial discrimination of mental arithmetic, mental singing and the no-control state from prefrontal activity: toward a three-state NIRS-BCI“, BMC Research Notes, 5:141 (10 pages)
Sejdic, E., Can, A, Chaparro, LF, Steele, CM and Chau, T., “Compressive Sampling of Swallowing Accelerometry Signals Using Time-Frequency Dictionaries Based on Modulated Discrete Prolate Spheroidal Sequences“, EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, 101 doi:10.1186/1687-6180-2012-101 (14 pages).
- Power, S., Kushki, A., Chau, T., “Intersession consistency of single-trial classification of the prefrontal response to mental arithmetic and the no-control state by NIRS“, PLoS ONE, 7(7): e37791. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0037791 (12 pages).
- Moghimi, S., Kushki, A., Guerguergian, A.M., Chau, T., “Characterizing emotional response to music in the prefrontal cortex using near infrared spectroscopy“, Neuroscience Letters, 525:7-11
- Sejdic, E., Jeffery, R., Vanden Kroonenberg, A., Chau, T., “An investigation of stride interval stationarity while listening to music or viewing television“, Human Movement Science, 31:695-706.
- Lui, M., Falk, T., Chau, T., “Development and evaluation of a dual-output vocal cord vibration switch for persons with multiple disabilities“, Disability & Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology, 7(1):82-88.
- Posatskiy, A., Chau, T., “The Effects of Motion Artifact on Mechanomyography: a Comparative Study of Microphones and Accelerometers“, Journal of Electromyography & Kinesiology, 22(2):320-324.
- Mohgimi, S., Kushki, A., Power, S., Guerguerian, A.M., Chau, T., “Automatic detection of a prefrontal cortical response to emotionally-rated music using multi-channel near-infrared spectroscopy“, Journal of Neural Engineering, 9:026022 (8pp).
- Schwellnus, H., Carnahan, H., Kushki, A., Polatajko, H., Missiuna, C., Chau, T., “The Effect of Pencil Grasp on the Speed and Legibility of Handwriting after a ten-minute copy task in Grade four children“, Australian Occupational Therapy Journal, 59(3):180-187.
- Myrden, A, Kushki, A., Sejdic, E., Chau, T., “Towards increased data transmission rate for a three-class metabolic brain-computer interface based on transcranial Doppler ultrasound“, Neuroscience Letters. 528(2):99-103.
- Sejdic, E., Fu, Y, Pak, A., Fairley, J.A., Chau, T., ”The effects of rhythmic sensory cues on the temporal dynamics of human gait“, PLoS ONE. 7(8):e43104 (7 pages).
- Blain-Moraes, S., Chau, T., “Challenges of developing communicative interaction in individuals with congenital profound intellectual and multiple disabilities. Journal of Intellectual & Developmental Disability“, 37(4):348-359.
- Posatskiy, A.O., Chau, T., “Design and evaluation of a novel microphone-based mechanomyography sensor with cylindrical and conical acoustic chambers“, Medical Engineering & Physics. 34:1184-1190.
- Schwellnus, H., Carnahan, H., Kushki, A., Polatajko, H., Missiuna, C., Chau, T., “The Effect of Pencil Grasp on the Speed and Legibility of Handwriting after a ten-minute copy task in Grade four children“, Australian Occupational Therapy Journal. 59(3):180-187.
- Nikjoo, M.S., Steele, C.M., Sejdic, E., Chau, T., “Automatic discrimination between safe and unsafe swallowing using a reputation-based classifier”, BioMedical Engineering OnLine, 10:100. Abstract
- Moreno, S., Bialystok, E., Barac, R., Schellenberg, E.G., Cepeda, N., Chau, T., “Short-term music training enhances verbal intelligence and executive function”, Psychological Science, 22(11):1425-1433.
- Kushki, A., Chau, T., Anagnostou, E., “Handwriting Difficulties in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders – A Scoping Review”, Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 41(12):1706-1716.Abstract
- Gane, L., Power, S., Kushki, A., Chau, T., “Thermal imaging of the periorbital regions during the presentation of an auditory startle stimulus”, PLoS One, 6(11):e277268 (8pp). Full Paper
- Falk, T., Tam, C., Schwellnus, H., Chau, T., “On the development of a computer-based handwriting assessment tool to objectively quantify handwriting function in children”, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, 104:e102-e111. Abstract
- Lesperance, A., Blain, S., Chau, T., “An integrated approach to detecting communicative intent amid hyperkinetic movements in children”, Augmentative and Alternative Communication, 3(2):150-162.Abstract
- Power, S., Kushki, A., Chau, T., “Toward a system-paced NIRS-BCI: differentiating prefrontal activity due to mental arithmetic and music imagery from the no-control state”, Journal of Neural Engineering, 8:066004 (14 pp). Abstract
- Myrden, A., Kushki, A., Sejdic, E., Guerguerian, A.M., Chau, T., “A brain-computer interface based on bilateral transcranial Doppler ultrasound”. PLoS One, 6(9):e24170 (8pp.). Full Paper
- Steele, CM, Molfenter, SM, Bailey, GL, Cliffe, RE, Waito, AA, Zoratto, DCBH, Weeda, A, Buesselberg, N, Chau, T, “Exploration of the utility of a brief swallowing screening protocol with comparison to concurrent videofluoroscopy”. Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, 35(3):228-242. Full paper
- Kushki, A., Fairley, J., Merja, S., King, G., Chau, T., “Comparison of blood volume pulse and skin conductance measurements from different anatomical sites”, Physiological Measurement, 32(10):1529-1539. Abstract
- Memarian, N., Venetsanopoulos, A.N., Chau, T. “Body functions and structures pertinent to infrared thermography-based access for clients with severe motor disabilities”, Assistive Technology, 23: 53-64. Abstract
- Sejdic, E., Steele, C., Chau T., “Scaling analysis of baseline dual-axis cervical accelerometry signals”, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, 103:113-120. Abstract
- Biddiss, E., McKeever P., Lindsay, S., Chau, T., “Implications of prosthesis funding structures on the experiences of individuals with upper limb absence”, Prosthetics and Orthotics International, 35(2): 215-224. Abstract
- Alves, N., Chau, T., “Mechanomyography as an access pathway: corporeal contraindications”, Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology, 6(6):552-63. Abstract
- Lee, J., Steele, C.M., Chau, T., “Classification of healthy and abnormal swallows based on accelerometry and nasal airflow signals”, Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, 52:17-25. Abstract
- Falk, T., Guirgis, M., Power, S., Chau, T., “Taking NIRS-BCIs Outside the Lab: Towards Achieving Robustness Against Environment Noise”, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 19(2):136-146. Abstract
- Kushki, A., Schwellnus, H., Ilyas, F., Chau, T., “Changes in kinetics and kinematics during a prolonged handwriting task”, Research in Developmental Disabilities, 32(3):1058-1064. Abstract
- Memarian, N., Venetsanopoulos, A.N., Chau, T. “Client-centred development of an infrared thermal access switch for a young adult with severe spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy”, Disability & Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology, 6(2):179-187. Abstract
- Steele, C., Bailey, G., Chau, T., Molfenter, S., Oshalla, Waito, A., Zoratto, D., “The relationship between hyoid and laryngeal displacement and swallowing impairment”, Clinical Otolaryngology, 36(1):30-36. Abstract
- Beheshti, S., Sejdic, E., Chau, T., “Mean Square Error Estimation in Thresholding”, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 18(2):103-106. Abstract
- Steele, CM, Hung D, Sejdic, E, Chau T, Fraser S. “Variability in execution of the chin-down maneuver by healthy adults”, Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedica, 63(1):36-42. Abstract