Participate in concussion research
Research in the concussion research lab
There are many opportunities for research participation in our ongoing studies. For more information on how to participate in research at Holland Bloorview click here.
Actively Recruiting: Concussion
- Autonomic nervous system response to stress in children after mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) compared to non-injured controls: a pilot study
- Comparing Approaches to Rehabilitation for Youth with Concussion
- Evaluating grip strength in response to auditory stimulus: Exploring a dual task paradigm for concussed youth and their non-concussed peers
- Using functional Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (fNIRS) to measure brain activity during dual-task performance in pediatric concussion patients
- Using functional Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (fNIRS) to measure brain activity during dual-task performance in pediatric concussion patients (Healthy Youth)
Concussion Assessment and Evaluation
- Exploring the King's Outcome Scale for Childhood Head Injury in Children Attending a Rehabilitation Hospital
- Eye movement measurement in mild traumatic brain injury: A systematic review
- Objective and subjective assessment of sleep in adolescents after mild traumatic brain injury compared to non-injured controls:A pilot study.
- The Heads Up Test Project: Development of the items for an advance motor skill test for youth who have had a concussion
- Vers de nouvelles methodes d’evaluation aupres d’enfants et d’adolescents ayant subi un traumatisme craniocerebral leger.
Concussion Baseline Testing Study
- 'NeuroCare' as an Innovation in Intervention: A Neurophysiological Approach to Determine Readiness for Return to Activity
Concussion Education and Knowledge Translation
- ‘Concussion and You’: Optimizing Concussion Knowledge in Youth Through Education and Peer Support
- Coaches and concussion: What is the current knowledge base in youth sport?
- Enhancement of Teacher Knowledge, Education, and Instruction of Students with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Evaluating an Educational Group Intervention for Children and Youth with Brain Injury
- Exploring the level of knowledge and reporting of concussions and concussion symptoms in female youth hockey coaches
Concussion Management and Rehabilitation
- A Pilot Study on the Effect of Mindfulness-based Yoga on Youth with Persistent Concussion Symptoms: Bridging Neurophysiology and Functional Outcomes
- A scoping review of the use of client centred practices in the management of sport-related concussion in youth
- A Self-Management Approach to Youth with Persistent Concussion Symptoms
- An occupation-based approach to rehabilitation for youth with persistent post-concussion symptoms
- Cognitive challenges experienced across the recovery trajectory post mTBI in youth: A scoping review
- Comparing Approaches to Rehabilitation for Youth with Persisting Symptoms Following Concussion:A randomized control trial
- ReFrame: A concussion self-management group
- Returning to school post-concussion: Informing improved occupational performance amongst children and youth
- The Development of a Research Database for the Holland Bloorview Concussion Services
- Understanding the incidence and scope of vision impairments in pediatric brain injury
- Verbal Fluency and Verbal Learning and Memory post concussion in youth athletes
Evaluating the Usability of a Novel Concussion Web Portal for High School Students and Staff
Exploring the Clinical Utility of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS)
- The Effect of Multi-Session Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) on Cognitive Performance in Youth with Persisting Concussion Symptoms