2011 Recipients - I.D. Me!Congratulations to the 2011 Power of Possibility awards recipients.
The multidisciplinary “I.D. Me!” team came together to create a campaign to meet two communications
The “I.D. Me!” team included:
- To improve provider compliance with the safety standard of checking two client identifiers before providing any service.
- To engage clients and families as partners in safety. The campaign raised awareness among clients – and reinforced to staff – that checking two client identifiers (e.g. name & date of birth) against a reference source (e.g. medical record, program list) before any intervention is important for preventing such adverse events as wrong person procedures or medication errors.
- Sara Purves, Communications and public affairs
- Gen Scott, Communications and public affairs
- Judy Maheu, Quality and risk management
- Ana DiMambro, Rehab and CCC
- Nick Joachimides, Patient safety