April 4, 2013
filmpossible winners announced
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation's is pleased to announce this year's filmpossible winners.
- For Abbey, submitted by Clarence Porter
- I won't give up, submitted by Haley Duke
- My Black-Capped Angels, submitted by Florence Pelletier
- She Is The Caregiver, submitted by Jeremy Siemens
- Born This Way, submitted by Tori Lacey
- I know I Can, submitted by Owen Derby
Cisco Visibility Award
- Seb Can Do, submitted by Kara Melissa
- I Won't Give Up, submitted by Haley Duke
- The Climb, submitted by Samih Nassar
Filmpossible, now in its third year, aims to bring visibility to disability by inviting people across a spectrum of ages and abilities to create, upload and vote for short videos and photos that capture the spirit of Bringing Visibility to Disability.
This year, 102 entries were received, 68 photos and 34 videos. The grand prizes include $5000 for top video, and $1000 for top photo. Prizes have been generously donated by our sponsors - Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation, Cisco, Muir Detlefsen & Associates and GemsBok Technologies.
Our panel of top-notch judges includes singer/songwriter, Justin Hines; independent filmmaker, Karen Shopsowitz; photographer, Sam Obeid; Pat Ellingson of TVO and last year's winners, Annya Miller, Photographer; Jen Schlumberger, Freelance writer and Denise Wilson, Home school mom. Thank you to our judges for taking the time to review each entry and help us select our finalists.
Thank you to everyone who participated in filmpossible 2013 and congratulations to our winners.